Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Birthday Surprise





Erica’s been acting strangely for weeks, so I knew something was up...but I was really quite pleasantly surprised at the production they threw together for me...

-The most elegant cake I’ve ever had, even including the ones Mom used to make with Barbie dolls in the center:
-An eccentric mix of ladies from church, Junior and his parents, and a bunch of girlfriends...
-an excess of food from tiny finger sandwiches, brigadeiros and beijinhos (those candies arranged around the cake: pure sugar and sweetened condensed milk and not much else) to salgados and 12 liters of soda...

The battery on my camera died as we started cutting the cake, so I don’t have any pictures or video of the crazy dance/karaoke party that ensued after the sugar was consumed...

I had a great birthday. I talked to family on the phone...I received lots of great emails...I laughed and danced and got more than my 11 hug-a-day minimum.

Now if I could only find more room in my freezer for the leftovers...

No comments: