Sunday, March 05, 2006

Were they sleeping on the job?

Some gang members broke into the army barracks, held the soldiers at gunpoint (presumably) and stole, according to the Globo newspaper, ten machine guns and a pistol. Doesn't sound like a lot to me...but the army is pissed off...talk about a loss of face! So they're out in force looking for their missing weapons. Tanks, helicopters, putting the army out on the streets. There were four soldiers just standing around on the main road in Manguinhos when I went out to get my Sunday snack after church...check out some of the pictures: www.oglobo.com.br, look for the picture of the soldier, and click on the link that says "imagens."

In other news, my birthday is tomorrow...!

Maybe the soldiers will come say hi when they search my house...

No comments: