Wednesday, March 22, 2006

What made me smile today...

1. Rayito de Sol, the nickname of this sparkling little girl at Timonis, whose bleached hair is drier than straw and sticks straight up in tufts all around her head, giving her the appearance of an angelic Troll doll. "Little ray of sun," as her name suggests, really does look like she dropped out of space...

2. Pablo, a five year old with perfect malted-milk ball eyes and lashes longer than Cindy Crawford's, who runs around the yard in his oversized clothes and shouts, "Boys against girls! Girls against boys!" in an attempt to get anyone to chase him.

3. Walking home and having a three-year old who has never really liked me before reprimand me because I only said "hi" to her mother and not to her. And then when I apologize, she throws her curly self into my arms and gives me a monkey hug.

4. Orange and acerola juice after a long, hot, sweaty day. Did you know that one acerola cherry has more vitamin C than a bag of oranges? According to some internet journal, 2% of the fruit is vitamin C, compared to .05% in an unpeeled orange. That's your fun Amazonian fruit factoid for the day.

5. A street girl passing up a sandwich because it wasn't accompanied by "suco," juice. So much for hunger...

No comments: