Wednesday, May 24, 2006

What can be closer to heaven on earth than a five-hour

conversation with amazing friends while sampling God's gift of fermented grape juice (Carmenere, for which I will always be grateful to C.H. for his introduction!, and Riesling), strong coffee, fresh strawberries, asparagus, cheesy potatoes, a perfect blackened tenderloin fresh off of the grill, and a three-inch tall chocolate cake infused with ganache, more fresh strawberries, toasted walnuts and chocolate covered coffee beans?

My friend isn't human. She is WOMAN.

I am in awe.

Because she made all this after a full day of work and still had time to set the table...and set out chilled glasses.

Next to my mother, Sharon is a superpower, one of the wonders of this world...

I am in a chocolate and caffeine induced stupor. Bliss.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

before I even read the name I knew it had to be Sharon!