Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Something happened to me today...

that I wanted to write about. And somehow, between coming home and playing Portuguese Scrabble (the kind where you can build up too) with Erica, I've forgotten what it was. Blast. Why does my mind need a personal secretary to keep everything straight?

That's why I'm going to be turning off my cellphone (well, almost. The ringer, anyway.) and unplugging my house phone and taking three days almost uninterruptedly to spend with God and myself. Retreat. Renewal. Life planning. I've recently been reading a fascinating book by Eugene Peterson that deals with King David's life (it's in Portuguese so I don't know what the original title was) and I plan on lugging it around with me to all the cool places in the city where I can get away...me, David, and God. Should be fun.

And I'm sure that somewhere in this weekend, I'll remember what it was that I wanted to post. And then I'll get back to you all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the book might be Leap Over a Wall, Earthy Spirituality for Everyday Christians. Reflections on the Life of David. After reading the description, I might have to try it out. Much to learn from the man after God's own heart.

I hope your weekend retreat was restful and fruitful.

Carolyn