Sunday, December 31, 2006

In Sorocaba

I arrrived safe and sound, if a little sleepy and have been spending these days relaxing and laughing with a big family that has no problem with loud. I feel like I'm at home! There are two sisters living at home, plus two nieces aged six and eleven. Another sister is married and lives about ten minutes away...and there always seems to be someone coming over to visit...

We saw the main tourist attractions today, which were:

A) The fish at the Prefeitura (city hall). Greedy little beasts. And some of them actually quite monster-like. I guess carp really just grow and grow and grow...

B) The coxinha at the Padaria Real which was the best coxinha that I have ever tasted and well deserves its reputation as the best coxinha in Brasil. Really. Never tasted another fried-chicken croquette quite like this one...

That was about it. Not much to see in Sorocaba, which is fine by me. I need rest! And tomorrow we're just hanging around the house, then going out to a friend's cabin to celebrate the coming of the new year with worship songs and lots of food.

Wishing you all a wonderful New Year!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jenna!
How was your New Year's Eve celebration? How has your retreat for rest and revitalization been? The family that you are staying with seems wonderful. You have a few more days until you go back to Rio de Janeiro - any upcoming highlights? Have a great little break dear one! I hope to hear more soon!
Hilary - WMF Omaha