Thursday, September 13, 2007

My eyes hurt and I feel like people are watching me from all sides.

Classic symptoms of having watched too many episodes of "24" in less than 48 hours. Extremely addicting. It is because of things like this that I do not have a television. I would have to be surgically removed from the couch!

This intense DVD watching could also be interpreted as a sign of withdrawal from other people. It would be correct. I've been feeling drained lately, so much so that being in groups of people is physically exhausting. My introvert side has apparently come out of hiding and is frustrated that I am not tending to her with the same care I lavish on little miss extrovert.

My schedule hasn't really helped. I feel like I run around a lot, like the proverbial chicken with it's head cut off (which, incidentally, I've never seen, even though I lived on a farm most of my life and have personally hacked off several...my mother wouldn't permit it. Something about damaging the meat...)...

Besides my ministry commitments during the week, I have evening classes Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 7pm until 10. But because I'm a perfectionist and have a bit of difficulty with numbers, I show up at 6pm to get homework help. For some reason, I seem to think that I can and should make excellent grades in post-graduate level classes IN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE.

From class, I race to the subway with a few other fellow students, so we can stand on the packed trains for another half-hour or so (all the universities seem to let out at 10, and so there are hardly ever seats...). I arrive home around 11pm. And of course, by this time, even if I'm still wiped out, I can't sleep. It's time for dinner! My body's all mixed up because of schedules like this. I'm the kind of person who needs to either be able to sleep late and stay up until 3 am -OR- go to bed at 10pm and wake up at 5. Instead, I'm trying to be both at the same time...

Perhaps it is time for me to learn that I am not superhuman?

No comments: