Thursday, November 01, 2007

Chocolate Update

The chocolate sorbet?

To die for.

My recipe isn't really very exact. Something like:
1 cup cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups water
3/4 cups sugar

Boil those ingredients, or at least until the sugar dissolves. Then add some vanilla, about a teaspoon. Cool mixture and pour into ice cream maker or shallow pan to freeze. I added amarula liquor (which added dairy) but also gave a fun extra fruity flavor (and hopefully hid the extra protein flavor, if there was any). I bet instant coffee or fruit would also be yummy.

It tastes like creamy super dark chocolate, only melty and cold. Next time, I'm going to try it with a chocolate bar, because the powder leaves a little something to be desired and a slight chalky aftertaste. But even so, it's wonderful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!! Do you really think that sorbet with a little protein would have been so bad in the end? I'll try to send some debugged cocoa down with Ellen.

Love, Mom