Monday, February 25, 2008

Blog tag that stops with me...

7 Random Facts About Me:

I was tagged by Jen. A long time ago. Should you decide to tag yourself, feel free to take on this meme!

1. I am a procrastinator. And I find that it works really well for my creativy, to be pushed to the limit. Even when I'm right on track, I'll still stay up to three am the night before it is due, because that's when my mind finally decides on just the perfect sentence...

2. Black is NOT my favorite color. I just can't seem to find clothes I like that are not black.

3. If I could have my way, I would wear floor length formals all day long. They're really comfortable. Better than jeans. And I love to feel elegant!

4. When I was a child, I had an imaginary friend. She was a dryad named Maia and she lived in a linden tree in the 40 acre woods...

5. Betsy, Tacy and Tib inspired my writing "career." I loved the image of Betsy sitting in the tree, writing her dime novels. That was just about the time that I started borrowing blue legal pads from my dad's office and sitting in the red plum tree to write poems about prostitutes and cornfields. It hasn't changed much since then!

6. One of my life goals is to speak five languages fluently.

7. Artisan work gives me goosebumps. I was enthralled the other day by the description of how Globetrotter luggage is finished by a top-secret Japanese laquerer, nearly had my eyes drop out of my mouth when I came across the most perfect Chanel sandal in a magazine, the heel delicately Art-Deco, the colors shocking and sensuous. Browsing in a store the other day, there was a pale green purse with lilac piping that was the most lust-worthy material thing I've come across in a long, long time. And I have nothing green. And nowhere to carry such a purse. But I itched for it...the stitching was perfect. The colors and leather buttery smooth. The design unusual, eyecatching.

I wish I had talent, or patience, to make these things. But I only know how to cobble words together.

No comments: