Wednesday, November 03, 2010

And all before noon...

Today we turned in the paperwork for my permanent visa. It's only going to take a YEAR of waiting to find out if it's gone through or not. At least, that's what the despachante told us. The despachante who had the bad luck to get assigned to our case. I remember him chasing me out of the Federal Police offices last year to give me his phone number...which I promptly threw away after I turned the corner. He looked a bit sheepish as he interacted with us. I'm just glad he wasn't a PF agent, like I thought at the time. That might have complicated our process just a teeny-weeny bit.

Also saw a new Rio friend in the waiting room, who just happened to go to college with me. Small world.

And on the way back to work, we would have the bad luck to be in a minor hit and run. Bus, meet taxi's mirror. Mirror, meet the sidewalk. Poor taxi driver, meet a dead end if you want someone else to pay for your damages because bus? Bus is moving on.

Rio. Yet again.

4 comments:

Katherine said...

I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. Wishing you happiness, Katherine

anne said...

sheesh. So much drama!
Hey, what's your opinion of the new lady president? (of Brasil)

Anonymous said...

Haha loving your blog, really great.

--jenna said...

Hey, thanks ladies! Life does seem a bit dramatic at the moment...but quite full of happiness. New adventures to be posted soon...