Saturday, December 25, 2010

Sunday Scribblings: Manifesto

"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things."

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Believing six impossible things before breakfast.
(Or even just two or three.)
That would make the world a VERY interesting place to live in, don't you think?
At the very least, we'd have so much more to talk about than politics and the weather!

9 comments:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

quite creative and live take..
loved it.
Happy Holidays.

Nirmala said...

Like your ending! :-)

Understanding Alice said...

what a fabulous idea - and you cant go far wrong with alice in wonderland :)

George S Batty said...

Always enjoyed Alice and the queen...I will have to try the idea. I agree that is has to be better than politics...I'm not sure about the weather

Lilibeth said...

"Alice" is so weird and full of wisdom at the same time. My favorite is this following.


Alice: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
The Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to
Alice: I don't much care where.
The Cat: Then it doesn't much matter which way you go.
Alice: …so long as I get somewhere.
The Cat: Oh, you're sure to do that, if only you walk long enough.

In fact,I think you've inspired me to write a blog entry about it.

Happy New Year to you.

Lisa said...

Very nice thought. I think I will try this. Even better I will see what my 6 year old can come up with to start the day off with as well.

Other Mary said...

Jenna, I have stenceled that sentence on the wall over my kitchen sink! 'Sometimes I have believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.' Those are words to live by! lol, great manifesto!

--jenna said...

Thanks, all! I think Alice keeps us young at heart...or young at mind, which can be a really good thing. Enjoy your New Years and good luck on those "impossible" resolutions!

Bluebethley said...

Delightful! I love your banner as well, but the idea of six impossible things before breakfast is inspirational, for that is my quiet time, the best time for writing. May your New Year's be bright with impossibility, all good things.