Monday, February 27, 2006

Part One

It's odd to be suddenly single again.

Today, between 1:23 and 2:06 pm, Junior and I ceased to be a couple.

When I left Cabo Frio yesterday, I had the support of his family for this breakup, which made it a lot easier to prepare for, knowing that I wouldn't lose my family here in Brazil. Ending our relationship was mutual but it was I who initiated it, I who needed it. This was one of the easiest hard things I've done in my life...and some of what Junior told me during our conversation I will guard for the rest of my life. I know I'm not losing my friend, and it's nice to know that the person I'm closest to here isn't going to disappear from my life, doesn't want to, and doesn't want me to pull away either. But the transition won't be smooth or easy...

And so I'm just a tiny bit emotional. This is to be expected.

No comments: