Saturday, April 08, 2006

Afinal

Finally, I am sitting in front of a computer that is connected to the internet. I've been going crazy not having an easy outlet for writing...when your wrists are swollen, doing it by hand is NOT the preferred solution.

What made me smile this week:

1. Erica has taken to calling me "negga." Yup. The white girl is being affectionately labeled...I always knew I was black inside!!!

2. I'm impressed by the self-esteem of some of the street boys. They actually have the guts and the delusion to believe that I might date them...in spite of their drug dealing, using, lack of a real job, lack of a home, lack of money to take me out, lack of easy access to bathrooms and showers...not to mention a host of oher things! I have a whole theory on why this is...but there's not enough space for it today. Suffice it to say, it's a bit humorous to have a teenager dressed in a mover's blanket hit on you and be serious. I want some of his confidence!

3. All the kids at Timonis make me smile, even when I'm breaking up fistfights between five-year olds.

4. Silver heels.

5. Learning to make fresh passionfruit juice. It's the easiest thing. The hardest part is getting up the courage to actually buy fruit that looks like it rotted four years ago. Passionfruits are only ripe when they look so disgusting that you feel like you're being cheated as you buy them...

No comments: