Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Little Yasmim, who is a spunky eight-year old

friend from church, told me today as we walked to her house to watch the Brazil-Ghana game that I used to be from "Eua, but not anymore. Now I'm Brazilian," just like her. That first word was pronounced "ooh-ahh," which would be the phonetic spelling of E.U.A. (Estados Unidos de America). Kids are funny...

The game rocked, though it was both a little violent and more than a little unfair to the Ghana side. Although, they were spreading all sorts of nasty rumors about the Brazilians way before the match...so a couple of unnecessary yellow cards and an illegal goal were perhaps not all that much of a problem. In any case, Brazil won fair and square, 3-0 or 2-0 depending on whether you count the second goal or not.

I felt super housewifely today, not just for the impromptu babysitting and the dubbed Lizzie McGuire movie we watched together, but also because I made more than one casserole, froze it and some meat and some vegetables, and am currently debating the wisdom of putting a pot of beans on the stove. I'm all out of my tiny one-serving size frozen stash...

The stove's gas canister, blessed by God, is still going strong since Ben left it to me in December...and each time I use my stove, a say a little prayer of thanksgiving. When I have to get a new one, I think we'll throw a party in honor of putting this miraculous "botijão" away!

There are two cats outside who are either engaging in completely inappropriate activity or are being cruelly tormented...and they really scare me. I've never heard sounds like that coming from anywhere other than the Lord of the Rings movies...yipes!

It's late and I'm craving chocolate. I think I'll go to bed, curl up with a book, and fall asleep reading...

No comments: