Tuesday, June 06, 2006

So I went on a date last night with someone I met on the airplane.

My seatmate, actually. This night ranks high on the Rio firsts list: first time going to the lookout in Leme (gorgeous view of both the crashing waves and the city), first time eating bolinhos de bacalhau (fried codfish appetizer things that are heavenly), first overseas "blind" date.

Well, not really blind. We talked for half the flight...so that kind of made us already acquaintances by the time the plane landed, right? Anyhow, nice guy. (If you're reading this, Rafael, you can substitute "good" for "nice," okay!)

And we ran into some of my kids in Cinelândia, where I got on the metro to go home. They're hanging out in Lapa again, apparently, which is good. Easier to take volunteers down to...easier to get home...safer.

And now I'm prepping my home and my Portuguese for these missionaries. My house is almost empty of paper products and I have nothing in my house to eat...this is a problem. I think I'll make a quick stop at the market before I morph into tour guide and missionary extraordinaire.

I feel like I need some sort of theme song right about now. It's going to be an interesting day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I had a really good time too.