Thursday, June 22, 2006

Some people say that watching "What Not to Wear" and

similar television shows are a waste of time, that trashy mags like Cosmo and Glamour and the like rot your brain and are useless in the day-to-day...

Well, I'm happy to say that as a missionary, these things have become essential to my ministry. Or at least, were as of yesterday.

You see, the two volunteers/directors/important people at Projeto Vidinha are getting married on Saturday. And everyone has been gently roped into providing various talents and services because no one has enough money to throw a shindig like this unless some of it is homemade. My contribution? Hairdresser, makeup artist, personal shopper and manicurist. What would I do without Carmody's helpful eyeshadow tips, hints on how to make the bride's lipstick last through the ceremony AND the photo shoot? How else would I know how to style VERY kinky hair, unless I'd spent at least some of my free hours poring over Essense and Black Hair Fashions and wishing that I too, was gorgeous and dark with hair that didn't look ridiculous in dreadlocks???

We'll be posting pictures as soon as the film gets developed and I find someone with a scanner...I gave up on the digital camera. Gr.

And I'm having the time of my life!

No comments: