Friday, June 23, 2006

Superstitions

I didn’t knock on wood when I answered the question I knew I should have avoided answering:
“How are you feeling?”

Because this has been almost a full month of not feeling even one twinge of arthritis. It’s lovely to lay down to sleep without that pressure in my joints, and even better to wake up forgetting that there are parts of your body that are supposed to hurt.

I was stupid and said that I was feeling great, amazing, wonderful. The next day the right side of my body was swollen. Coincidence?

Now I know why there are tribes that won’t say anything positive about (or even name) their babies until they’re out of the “danger zone,” why the slightly obsessive compulsive KNOW that the world will crash if their routines are interrupted...there’s some sort of logic here. Coincidences happen a little too coincidentally...

2 comments:

ma'am said...

SORRY!!!

--jenna said...

oh, it's not your fault...it could also be due to half a container of nutella that got devoured during a hunger-and-depressive spell the other day...