Thursday, March 22, 2007

Diagnosis

"The demands you place on your body are almost overwhelming. By comparison, the support you give yourself is seriously inadequate."

That's what an online test told me tonight. That's not really such a breakthrough. It was pretty simple. Is my job stressful? Oh, let me see. The other day, we dodged bricks being thrown in a boyfriend/girlfriend fight. I watched a woman punch her seven year old daughter in the face. I woke up at four-thirty this morning to nearby machine gun fire and slept on the kitchen floor. Then my bus today had to make an emergency detour because there was shooting happening up the street. Stressful? Nah.

I could exercise, or find quiet places in the city to recharge, or do art, all of which would be good for me and relaxing. But that demands time, and all I want to do right now is sleep. That's the reason I've been lax about posting on this blog recently. Given the choice between typing and sleeping, I always opt for the latter. I'm not giving my body enough time to rest. Which is probably the underlying cause of my excruciating back pain. Thankfully, I have a friend who's a masseuse and has offered her services free of charge...

But something has got to change. I can't keep up this pace for long...

No comments: