Thursday, March 22, 2007

In other news...

I spoke at a church a few weeks ago...was the main speaker, which for those of you who know me, know that public speaking is my least favorite thing to do. I'd rather eat liver patĂȘ, smoke a pack of cigarettes, or clean out infectious wounds than speak in front of large groups. With a microphone. For more than five minutes.

But I did it, and God was gracious and it went well. Especially since I was the featured missionary speaker, which meant that I took the place of the pastor and the sermon. And I didn't use an interpreter. Tiago said that everyone understood everything I said. (That's obviously a bit of an exaggeration, but it made me feel good!)

After the service, we talked to some people and got some names and phone numbers. Mondays are our days to go to the streets, and I told them we'd welcome new volunteers. Monday afternoon came...and we reached a new WMF Brazil milestone. More Brazilian volunteers than Americans! Four teenagers came, age ranging from 12 to about 20. And they keep coming back, wanting to visit more days during the week. It's incredible. They're amazing!

I want to put up some pictures, but I first have to figure out how to move them from this paint program....argh. Computers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself. You can't help other people if you wear yourself out.
Julia Beatty