Thursday, January 31, 2008

Life goal realized!

All my life, I’ve wanted big, curly hair. I loved seeing African-American models in magazines, and not-so-secretly wished that I could be them. Polished ebony skin and eyes the color of jaboticabas...but I’ve come to terms with my translucent white skin and I love that my eyes change color with my clothes or my mood. But I’ve always been kind of sad about my hair. I can't help but check out the “black power” girls on the metro that pull off the big earrings and scarf without looking like rejects from some 1970’s costume party...ahhhhhhhh, to have thick, black curls...


Today, thanks to Carnaval and R$15, I discovered that I can be all I ever wanted to be!













Note: This is just a preview picture…I’m going on a church retreat for Carnaval, and my alter ego WILL BE ATTENDING as well…yayyyyyyyyy!!!

5 comments:

amanda said...

fabulous!!

Ali Ambrosio said...

Rico and I both agree that this actually looks really good on you!

Crazy about your ceiling falling down. I am going to email you some photos that involve a tree and my old parking lot...similar theme.

Anonymous said...

I love it. We all seem to want what we don't have. Anna and Brooke probably would be glad to have your own beautiful hair. Your mother too for that matter. I always wanted red hair, to go with my firelike personality. :) Have fun with your wig. Grammy

Jen said...

That's excellent hair. When you get back from the retiro, be sure to check out my blog, because you've been blog tagged!
http://jeninbrazil.blogspot.com/2008/02/blog-tag.html

Ellen said...

hmm... can we say vain?