Friday, January 25, 2008

Procrastinating

There's a good half-hour before my night class starts, and I could very well be doing some research on the internet for the group project we're supposed to present after Carnaval...but I am running extremely low on enthusiasm and drive. The professor isn't dynamic enough and he's repeating about half of what our last class was over, thanks to students who are vocal but pay no attention and have to have everything fed to them at least three times. I never thought I'd be complaining about the slow pace of lectures in Portuguese, but I am. Three hours can drag on...and on...and on...but at least I'm getting really good at listening in Portuguese and daydreaming/writing in English. Multitasking. I'm a true post-modern.

My house is getting fixed. The handyman came over yesterday, put a big black tarp over everything in the room and then proceeded to put a light layer of thin concrete inside the hole. This resulted in black concrete splashed walled and door, which are vaguely Dalmatian-like. I'm not sleeping in there until it's over, so it's not a big deal, but I am dreading the clean up. I'm going to have to take a toothbrush to the cracks in the floor...

This next week is Carnaval. I still have no plans, but I'm surprisingly not worried. If I don't travel, I'm going to hole up in my house and do a spiritual retreat. At any rate, I can't wait for things to start up for real after Carnaval. Timonis, tutoring kids at PV, etc...

And now I'm off to class. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

amanda said...

so glad that your celing is getting fixed and that you are safe!