The wedding is just two months away, so now I get to focus on the fun parts...the DETAILS!
I knew I wanted to wear a flower hairpiece instead of a tiara, so I'd ordered a lovely piece off etsy...but after trying it on with the gown and the veil, it was obviously not going to work. Then, I tried making a fabric flower out of scraps from my mom's old wedding gown (we used part of it for the ringbearer's pillow already!). I learned how easy it is to dye fabric to a golden champagne color using tea...but the fabric frayed too much to be a viable option. So I've been scouring the silk flower aisles in the hopes of finding something workable.
A quick stop on my way home from the chiropractor's resulted in three sprays of flowers with hideous stamens but lovely petals. Five minutes of destruction later, and the petals had been removed from the stems, laid out in order, and pieced back together with a pearl and crystal stem borrowed from Mom's old wedding stuff. Now all I need to do is stitch the base and sew them to combs and voila!
Wedding week hair stuff!