Saturday, January 08, 2011

Visual Treats

Yesterday I was house-bound and feeling like making something special for myself. Anthropologie has always been a source of inspiration...I saw this pendant, which is similar in idea to something I’d made previously, but using a lot more color.

My earlier design, called Tide Pools, wove pale green peridots and blue iolites through the center of a large silver teardrop shape, creating a kind of modern dreamcatcher. But I liked how this design wrapped only along the edges, with its handmade and yet modern flair. I decided to copy it (ooh, artistic plagiarism!), and borrowed the motif to use on a pair of earring shapes that had been stumping my creativity for ages. The final product:




Also for your viewing enjoyment, my New Year's necklace, made of pyrite (fool's gold), a chain stolen from a purse, and a couple of silver links. I'm loving pyrite, with the rough nugget shapes and the weight.





Love playing with beads!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hint, hint ... I love the spirally earrings. Maybe you could make me something similar (in my colors), and then send the bill to your dad. Our anniversary is coming up ! - Mom

anne said...

your mom's comment is a hoot :)
so, LOVE LOVE LOVE the necklace(s) and the earrings ---very very "just right", balanced and the colors and all....
had a cuppa rio coffee this a.m., gwen made it. brenda will not make it "straight", always cuts it w/starbucks because she figures it'll be too strong (sigh) but if she drank it today, perhaps that'll change....
thinking of you on this COLD and SNOWY january day. Must be odd, to have different automatic thoughts about january (like hot or whatever).
be well!

Unknown said...

And to know that I was the first (I think) to get to see your splendid new necklace! And that I got to model your earrings at Ladies Night Out on Thursday! I love your jewelry, Jenna, and am happy to be your model anytime! Especially since we are in Rio, where it's better to wear more modest (but by no means less beautiful) jewelry. You are very creative and talented ;-)

Anonymous said...

Grammy too loved the spiral earings. Grandpa would love to have them for me for our 55th annversary on Feb. 11th. Garnet and pearls would go nice with my terring.