Thursday, July 20, 2006

24 hours

is the consistent response I'm getting from Telemar, the useless telephone company that supplies a dead line to my house.

That's why you're not hearing much from me.

They promise me tomorrow will be the magical day, but they've been doing that for a week. Pretty soon now, I'm going to get to discover what class action suits in Brazil are like! (Just kidding...though I might be entering into the Justi├ža if it's true that they're padding the bills. My phone bills seemed awfully high these last few months...)

So if you don't hear from me for a few more days, it's because of Telemar. If you're in Brazil, feel free to call them for me. Their number is 10331!

1 comment:

ma'am said...

We are back home. Call us when you get telephone service again. I'm getting a new Sears card this week, so we can talk for 9 hours!!

Love you, Mom & Dad