Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Somehow, I forgot

to mention that the botijão finally quit. It was the day I went to help out translating with Tiago...and had to be up at five am to get ready to catch a bus at 6 am, which is, by my standards, an ungodly hour to wake.

It was another night of loud shooting and waking up and not sleeping and I finally said to myself, "Jenna, this is stupid. Sleeping on the floor isn't working, your stomach is growling a mile a minute...and you'd be better off just getting up now anyhow." My nerves were shot and I was worried that I would oversleep and miss my cool date with Tiago. So I thought: fried eggs. Yummy, easy, breakfast food at 4:23 am. I got about twenty four seconds of gas before the canister quit. A half-lick of blue flame and then nothing.

And of course, I don't have another one in the house because I don't know how to change the gas.

So not only was I without eggs, I was without coffee, hot chocolate, or toast. I don't own a microwave or a hot pot.

Grr.

Thankfully, they served breakfast at the mission when we got there...and the day was not only wonderful, but for the two and a half or three hours of sleep that I did get, I felt like I'd had twelve! That was the day I translated for the dentists and assisted in the pulling of eleven or so teeth...there's a reason why I didn't go into the medical field...

No comments: